Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Childhood Tea Story


Childhood memories...those thoughts from a time in our past. Sometimes, these memories make us smile, laugh, or even cry. Hopefully your mind is flooded with all sort of great memories. One of my memories from my childhood revolves around tea...actually there are quite a few, but for now let's just stick with this one.

One evening our family went out to dinner at a local Chinese restaurant owned by a classmate's grandfather. My brother and I settled into our chairs as we started to look over the menu and decide what we were going to have for dinner. I'm not sure what we had, but it most often always included Mu Shu Pork. YUM! After we ordered our meal, my brother and I had this idea to see who could drink the most tea. Wow! My classmate's mother kept bringing us teapot after teapot of tea. She did notice that we were consuming more tea than usual, but I can't remember what her comments were anymore. Thank goodness our mom was a good sport about this contest. I seem to remember that she said something along the lines of, "Remember to save room for dinner."

In the end, my brother won the tea drinking contest with 36 cups of tea!...But I was not far behind. :-)

So remember to take time out of your day and make great lasting memories with your kids, family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues with a little or a lot of tea. Sup it. Sip it. Savor it.

With all this talk of tea, I'm going to have a cup of our Up North! right now.

If you like this article, please check us out on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment